Nepal is a paradise for bird watching lovers with over 848 species (almost 8% of the world total) of birds. Kathmandu and Phulchoki is the popular place for bird watching spots. The places are Bagmati River, Nagarjun, Godavari, Taudaha and so on. These trips also provide superb mountain views, glimpses of wild animals and introduction to the local people’s culture and traditions. ...See more
Nepal is a paradise for bird watching lovers with over 848 species (almost 8% of the world total) of birds. Kathmandu and Phulchoki is the popular place for bird watching spots. The places are Bagmati River, Nagarjun, Godavari, Taudaha and so on. These trips also provide superb mountain views, glimpses of wild animals and introduction to the local people’s culture and traditions. The birds are: eight species of stork, egret, wood pecker, and Black-headed shrike, six species of pheasant, 17 species of cuckoo, and 3 species of crow. The best time for bird watching Trip is March and December.
- View numerous bird’s species around Phulchowki hill at Godawari nearby Kathmandu
- Kathmandu Sightseeing around UNESCO world heritage sites
- View birds at shore of Phewa lake in Pokhara, boat ride and lakeside fun
- Sarangkot Hiking for captivating glimpse of rural life and the magnificent view of Annapurna Himalayan range
- View hundreds of rare species of birds and wildlife habitats around Chitwan National Park
- Jungle fun activities and further spot birds at Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Explore birds at Koshi Tappu, relax at resort for fine views
- Sightseeing around ancient medieval town of Bhaktapur
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350 meters. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Bird watching in Godavari botanical garden. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Godavari-Phulchoki Hill-Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Birding in Nagarjun forest and Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Kathmandu drive or fly to Chitwan. Jungle activity. Overnight at resort.
Day 07: Birding trip at Chitwan national Park. Overnight a resort.
Day 08: Chitwan drive to Koshi Tappu wildlife reserve. Overnight at resort.
Day 09: In Koshi Tappu wildlife reserve. Overnight at resort.
Day 10: Fly or drive back to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11: Eco Trip Nepal representative will drop to onward destination.
- Airport transfers
- 6 night’s hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2 night’s hotel in Chitwan with full board basis
- 2 night’s hotel in Koshi Tappu with full board basis
- Service of tour guide
- Accident and evacuation insurance for tour guide
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fees, necessary permits
- Local guide and representative throughout the tour
- Cell phone during tour/trek with free calls to emergency hot line
- All meals marked as included in the itinerary
- Nepal Visa fee $ 35 (upon arrival – bring exact USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Domestic airfare
- Excess baggage charges
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Extra night in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, (due to any unforeseen reason)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from Mountain)
- Travel and rescue insurance
Nepal Himalaya Birding Tour on 07 Dec to 14 Dec 2014
Communication is perfect – over email & by phone fast & accurate. Itinerary well arranged. Birding guide Prakash Neupane is Knowledgeable- friendly & helpful Very happy with service Prompt, friendly, deliver what was asked for..Koshi Tappu resort is great location & very good service
Zubin Farrokh Chichgar (Singapore)
Birding tour India & Nepal on 21 Nov. to 29 Nov. 2013
Birding guide Som GC Excellent! Knows the locations very well. As well as the birds!!! Also many stories about the country and people- great knowledge at all! Very kind and patient person.
Tobias Epple (Germany)