Helambu trekking is short and easy trek in Nepal. This trek gives you the opportunity to get right in among the Himalayan peaks. Helambu is a lush region about 72 kilometers North of Kathmandu.The combination of the two valleys gives great adventure through the high altitude passes. Helambu trekking offers many Monastery visits, Rhododendron forest,Superb mountain views,Picturesque Sherpa ...See more
Helambu trekking is short and easy trek in Nepal. This trek gives you the opportunity to get right in among the Himalayan peaks. Helambu is a lush region about 72 kilometers North of Kathmandu.The combination of the two valleys gives great adventure through the high altitude passes. Helambu trekking offers many Monastery visits, Rhododendron forest,Superb mountain views,Picturesque Sherpa settlements,Friendly people and after all unspoiled culture of the area. This trek starts from Kathmandu after driving by bus/car to Sundarijal, Which is just 13 km. from Kathmandu. Then continue ascend to Chisopani where we spend first night just outside valley. Chisopani offer great view of mountains and landscape.
- Opportunity to step at Shermathang
- Excellent views of Langtang himalaya range, Dorje Lakpa and Gauri Shankar
- Insightful Tibetan Sherpa cultural, Monasteries and their traditions
- Chisapani hike for rewarding Langtang Himal
- Production method of Cheese
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350m. Over night at hotel.
Day 02: After breakfast, Kathmandu drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2194m). (Walk 4 to 5 hrs.)
Day 03: Chisapani trek to Kutumsang (2446m) (Walk 5 to 6 hrs.)
Day 04: Kutumsang trek to Tharepati (3597m). (Walk 5 to 6 hrs.)
Day 05: Tharepati trek to Melamchi Gaun (2135m). (Walk 3 to 4 hrs.)
Day 06: Melamchi Gaun trek to Tarkeghyang (2550m) (Walk 5 to 6 hrs.)
Day 07: Tarkeghyang Trek to Shermathang (2621m) (Walk 3 to 4 hrs.)
Day 08: Shermathang Trek to Melamche Pul (828m) (Walk 5 to 6 hrs.)
Day 09: Mrlamchi pul bazaar drive back to Kathmandu, Overnight at hotel.
Day 10: Sightseeing of Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11: Eco Trip Nepal representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m,
Eco Trip Nepal representative will transfer to hotel, Helambu trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
- Airport transfers
- 3 night’s comfort hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 7 nights 8 days Helambu trek full board basis
- All meals and accommodation in lodge, during the trek on full board basis
- Service of trek guide, sherpa and Porter assistants
- Accident and evacuation insurance for staffs and porters
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fees, necessary permits
- Local guide and representative throughout the tour
- Cell phone during tour/trek with free calls to emergency hotline
- All meals marked as included in the itinerary
- Nepal Visa fee $ 35 (obtained at the airport immigration upon arrival – bring exact USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Extra night in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any unforeseen reason)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from Mountain)
- Travel and rescue insurance
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
What makes this trip different?
Eco Trip Nepal has been working hand to hand with nonprofit social organization SWAN Nepal (Social Welfare Association of Nepal) from its initial years. We provide continuous support to SWAN financially as well as by organizing charity and volunteering tours in the remote village of Baglung district. Organizing your holiday through Eco Trip Nepal will not only provide the chance to explore the natural grandeur of Himalayan country Nepal but also you will be playing a vital role in bringing positive changes in the lives of local community.
Financial support to direct beneficiaries: In all our programs, we strive to ensure that we only use local operators and try to source all provisions from local businesses, so you can be sure that some part of the money paid to us for arranging your holiday goes to the needy people of Nepal. The money you pay for touring and trekking through Eco Trip Nepal directly benefits the local people through SWAN as we provide them certain percentage of our profits from each and every trip on regular basis. Our guests experience true satisfaction together with enjoyment from Nepal holiday.
Local development through tourism: Eco Trip Nepal along with SWAN has been working together in discovering new routes, making plans into action and constantly working on how it can positively impact on local community development through tourism. In this way we have developed the Eco-tourism Project which focuses to flourish local tourism preservation of nature and cultural heritages.
Community Tourism: We help experience the best of Nepal through the eyes of the local Nepalese community. We enhance community based tourism to help our guests discover local habitats and wildlife; celebrate and respect traditional cultures, rituals and wisdom. In this way community will be aware of the commercial and social value placed on their natural and cultural heritage through tourism, and this will promote community based management of these resources.
For more details, visit SWAN Nepal's website www.swannepal.org