Kala patthar trek also known as Khumbu is famous not only because of the proximity of the world's highest Mountain - Mt. Everest but also for the Sherpa villages and it's Monasteries. The other highlights of the trek are Namche (3440m.) bazaar, the wonderful view of Ama Dablam, Khumjung, museum and Tengboche (3870m.) monastery. There are two options to get to Khumbu area. Driving to Jiri ...See more
Kala patthar trek also known as Khumbu is famous not only because of the proximity of the world's highest Mountain - Mt. Everest but also for the Sherpa villages and it's Monasteries. The other highlights of the trek are Namche (3440m.) bazaar, the wonderful view of Ama Dablam, Khumjung, museum and Tengboche (3870m.) monastery. There are two options to get to Khumbu area. Driving to Jiri and walking from there or fly to Lukla (2800m.) straightway. The full-fledged trek that begins from Jiri involves a lot of ups and downs through different villages, some wonderfully beautiful -before reaching in mountain area, whereas flying to Lukla (2800m.) takes at once in the mountain area. Everest Kala pattar trekking is the most popular trek in Everest area. It is a through trek without consuming too long time as in Jiri-base camp trek. Everest kala pattar trekking offers more than enough opportunity to explore the wonderful Himalayan destination once in a life time.
- Opportunity to step at base camp of top of the world
- Excellent views of world highest peak Mt. Everest, Amadablam, Makalu, Nuptse, Thamserku and Lhotse
- Incredible mountain flight over the Himalayas
- Insightful Buddhism Sherpa Monasteries and their cultures/traditions
- Kalapatthar hike for rewarding Everest views
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350 m. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla (2830m) trek to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding (2630m).
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche bazaar. Overnight at Namche bazaar (3480m).
Day 04: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. Overnight at Namche bazaar.
Day 05: Namche trek to Phortse village. Overnight at Phortse village (3890m).
Day 06: Phortse village trek to Dingboche. Overnight at Dingboche (4320m).
Day 07: Dingboche trek to Lobuche. Overnight at Lobuche (4910m).
Day 08: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m). Overnight a Gorakshep.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to kala ppatthar 5545m. Overnight at Pheriche.
Day 10: Pheriche trek to Tyangboche. Overnight at Tyangboche (3890m).
Day 11: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at Namche bazaar.
Day 12: Namche Bazaar trek to Phakding. Overnight at Phakding.
Day 13: Phakding trek to Lukla. Overnight at Lukla.
Day 14: Lukla fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight at kathmandu hotel.
Day 15: Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley. overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 16: Eco Trip Nepal representative will drop to airport for onward journey.
- Airport transfers
- 3 night’s hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 12 nights 13 days Kala Patthar trek full board basis
- All meals and accommodation in lodge, during the trek on full board basis
- Service of trek guide, sherpa and Porter assistants
- Accident and evacuation insurance for staffs and porters
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fees, necessary permits
- Local guide and representative throughout the tour
- Cell phone during tour/trek with free calls to emergency hotline
- All meals marked as included in the itinerary
- Nepal Visa fee $ 35 (obtained at the airport immigration upon arrival – bring exact USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Domestic airfare Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Extra night in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any unforeseen reason)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from Mountain)
- Travel and rescue insurance
Communication: Excellent! Very accommodating to change..Our itinerary was well organized to acclimatize us to the high altitudes we were trekking at. Pasang guide and Porter made our trekking experience especially memorable. Pasang knowledge of the mountains, the Nepali culture provided us with many special opportunities to experience the material side of Nepal. I would highly recommend him as a guide. Shyam it was such a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for such a wonderful experience in Nepal
Karin Brigitte Ruschke (USA, Chicago)
3 pass Everest base camp trek was our pleasure to travel with Pasang for 3 weeks. Even while the weather it’s cloudy the entire time, Pasang’s humility, vast knowledge and experience were always present. That more than made up for the weather. Also, his ability to speak four languages, his friendships and relations with other business people in the Solukhumbu took us to places and introduced us to people and experiences knew if any other guides could have. We appreciated every minute of our time together.
John Werner (USA)
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.