The Annapurna area below the camp of Annapurna south is called Annapurna Sanctuary. Annapurna sanctuary trek offers the quickest way to get to the Himalayan altitudes where glaciers replace rivers. We start by ascending the foothills from Pokhara, appreciating the slate-roofed tropical villages and magnificent rhododendron forests before entering the narrow Modi khola (river) gorge. Some ...See more
The Annapurna area below the camp of Annapurna south is called Annapurna Sanctuary. Annapurna sanctuary trek offers the quickest way to get to the Himalayan altitudes where glaciers replace rivers. We start by ascending the foothills from Pokhara, appreciating the slate-roofed tropical villages and magnificent rhododendron forests before entering the narrow Modi khola (river) gorge. Some of the best of Nepal's diversity is compressed into less than two weeks of walking. The huge south face of Annapurna is 8090 meter provides an impressive backdrop, while the closeness of 10 peaks over 6000 meter inspires a joy as a fitting highlight of this spectacular trek. With its superb views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli, it is a great place to spend a day. Tea house lodges, managed by ACAP and eco-aware local people. Tented camping trip also can be organized. A rewarding Annapurna sanctuary trekking that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature.
- Rewarding views of the Annapurna Himalayan Range and surrounding peaks
- Trekking adventure through insightful Gurung villages
- Hot springs at Jhinu Dada
- Sightseeing around UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Spectacular sunrise views from Ghorepani and Poon Hill over the Himalayas
- Explore scenic lake city of Pokhara
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1350m, Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara by flight or private vehicle. Overnight at Pokhara hotel (915m).
Day 03: Pokhara by private vehicle to phedi than trek to Dhampus. Overnight at Dhampus (1950m).
Day 04: Dhampus trek to Tolka. Overnight at Tolka (1750m).
Day 05: Tolka trek to Jhinu dada (1870m). Overnight at Jhinu dada.
Day 06: Jhinu dada trek to Chhomorung. Overnight at Chhomorung (2135m).
Day 07: Chhomorung trek to Dovan. Overnight at Dovan (2250m).
Day 08: Dovan trek to Himalaya Hotel. Overnight at Himalaya hotel ( 3345m).
Day 09: Himalaya Hotel to MBC (Machhapuchhare base camp). Overnight at MBC (3788m).
Day 10: Machhapuchhare base camp trek to Annapurna Base camp. Overnight at ABC (4130m).
Day 11: Annapurna base camp trek to Himalaya hotel/ Bambo. Overnight at Himalaya hotel/Bambo (2910m).
Day 12: Himalaya hotel/Bambo trek to Chhomorung. Overnight at Chhomorung ( 2135m).
Day 13: Chhomorung trek to Tadapani. Overnight at Tadapani (2015m).
Day 14: Tadapani trek to Ghorepani. Overnight at Ghorepani (2855m).
Day 15: Hike to poon hill 3210m. Overnight at Tatopani.
Day 16: Tatopani trek to Ghasa. Overnight at Ghasa (2013m).
Day 17: Ghasa trek to Tukuche /Marpha 2591m ( Nepal best Apple garden) (2591m).
Day 18: Tukuche/Marpha trek to Kagbeni (2885m).
Day 19: Kagbeni to Muktinath Temple( 3802m).
Day 20: Muktinath Temple to Jomsom (2700m).
Day 21: Jomsom fly to pokhara & pokhara valley sightseeing. overnight at Pokhara hotel.
Day 22: Pokhara back to Kathmandu by private vehicle or Flight. Overnight at hotel.
Day 23: Sightseeing of Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 24: Eco Trip Nepal airport representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journey.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m,
Eco Trip Nepal representative will transfer to hotel, Annapurna Sanctuary trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
- Airport transfers
- 3 night’s comfort hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2 night’s comfort hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- 18 nights 19 days Annapurna Sanctuary trek full board basis
- All meals and accommodation in lodge, during the trek on full board basis
- Service of trek guide, sherpa and Porter assistants
- Accident and evacuation insurance for staffs and porters
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fees, necessary permits
- Local guide and representative throughout the tour
- Cell phone during tour/trek with free calls to emergency hot line
- All meals marked as included in the itinerary
- Nepal Visa fee $ 35 (obtained at the airport immigration upon arrival – bring exact USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Extra night in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any unforeseen reason)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu & Pokhara (and also in the case of early return from Mountain)
- Travel and rescue insurance
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
What makes this trip different?
Eco Trip Nepal has been working hand to hand with nonprofit social organization SWAN Nepal (Social Welfare Association of Nepal) from its initial years. We provide continuous support to SWAN financially as well as by organizing charity and volunteering tours in the remote village of Baglung district. Organizing your holiday through Eco Trip Nepal will not only provide the chance to explore the natural grandeur of Himalayan country Nepal but also you will be playing a vital role in bringing positive changes in the lives of local community.
Financial support to direct beneficiaries: In all our programs, we strive to ensure that we only use local operators and try to source all provisions from local businesses, so you can be sure that some part of the money paid to us for arranging your holiday goes to the needy people of Nepal. The money you pay for touring and trekking through Eco Trip Nepal directly benefits the local people through SWAN as we provide them certain percentage of our profits from each and every trip on regular basis. Our guests experience true satisfaction together with enjoyment from Nepal holiday.
Local development through tourism: Eco Trip Nepal along with SWAN has been working together in discovering new routes, making plans into action and constantly working on how it can positively impact on local community development through tourism. In this way we have developed the Eco-tourism Project which focuses to flourish local tourism preservation of nature and cultural heritages.
Community Tourism: We help experience the best of Nepal through the eyes of the local Nepalese community. We enhance community based tourism to help our guests discover local habitats and wildlife; celebrate and respect traditional cultures, rituals and wisdom. In this way community will be aware of the commercial and social value placed on their natural and cultural heritage through tourism, and this will promote community based management of these resources.
For more details, visit SWAN Nepal's website www.swannepal.org