Dolpo is an outstanding trek in the isolated area of west part of Nepal where trek can also be done even in the mid monsoon as it lies in the rain shadow area formed by the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. Lower Dolpo trekking offers a wonderful chance to experience a landscape and culture far different from that seen in other parts of Nepal. Dolpo region is famous for snow leopard,Mother Nature and deepest Lake Phoksundo ...See more
Dolpo is an outstanding trek in the isolated area of west part of Nepal where trek can also be done even in the mid monsoon as it lies in the rain shadow area formed by the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. Lower Dolpo trekking offers a wonderful chance to experience a landscape and culture far different from that seen in other parts of Nepal. Dolpo region is famous for snow leopard,Mother Nature and deepest Lake Phoksundo in entire Himalayan region.The altitude ranges from 2500m to 5070m. The least complicated trek to undertake,and one of the most popular treks in the west of Nepal. Lower Dolpo trekking begins at the airstrip of Juphal after a short from the terrain town of Nepalgunj which is well connected by both road and air from Kathmandu.
- Rewarding views of the Sisne himal and Kanjiroba himalayan Range and surrounding peaks
- Trekking adventure through insightful Tibetan villages
- Sightseeing around UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu
- Spectacular sunrise views from Phoksundo lake over the Himalayas
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu flight to Nepalgunj & transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Early morning, fly to Juphal and trek to Ghotichour (2700m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Ghotichaur trek to Chutra (2856). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Chutra trek to Chaurikot (3000 m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Chaurighot trek to Kaigaun (3245m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Kaigaun trek to Garpung Khola (3285m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Garpung Khola trek to Kagmara phedi (4645m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Kagmara phedi - Cross Kagmara pass (5115 m) to Pungmi Kharka. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Pungmi Kharka trek to Phoksundo Lake (3600m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Rest at Phoksundo Lake & excursion. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Phoksundo Lake via Baga–la cross to Baga-La Phedi (5070m) forest camp. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Baga-La forest camp trek to Numla Phedi (4535m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Numla Phedi -Cross Numla (5190m) and trek to Tarap (4040m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Tarap trek to Dho (4020m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Dho trek to Big cave (3600m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Big cave trek to Lahini (3200m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Lahini trek to Tarakot (2800m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 20: Tarakot trek to Dunai (2150m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 21: Dunai trek to Juphal (2500m). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 22: Fly Juphal to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu by flight. transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 23: Sightseeing of Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 24: Eco Trip Nepal representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m,
Eco Trip Nepal representative will transfer to hotel, Lower Dolpo trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
- Airport transfers
- 4 night’s comfort hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 19 nights 20 days Lower Dolpo trek full board basis
- All meals and accommodation in lodge, during the trek on full board basis
- Service of trek guide, sherpa and Porter assistants
- Accident and evacuation insurance for staffs and porters
- Transportation by private vehicle
- Entrance fees, necessary permits
- Local guide and representative throughout the tour
- Cell phone during tour/trek with free calls to emergency hot line
- All meals marked as included in the itinerary
- Nepal Visa fee $ 35 (obtained at the airport immigration upon arrival – bring exact USD cash and two passport photographs)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Emergency evacuation and oxygen cost, and medical-box
- Alcoholic and bottled beverage, laundry, and tips
- Expenses due to flight delay, sickness other contingencies
- Extra night in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any unforeseen reason)
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from Mountain)
- Travel and rescue insurance
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
What makes this trip different?
Eco Trip Nepal has been working hand to hand with nonprofit social organization SWAN Nepal (Social Welfare Association of Nepal) from its initial years. We provide continuous support to SWAN financially as well as by organizing charity and volunteering tours in the remote village of Baglung district. Organizing your holiday through Eco Trip Nepal will not only provide the chance to explore the natural grandeur of Himalayan country Nepal but also you will be playing a vital role in bringing positive changes in the lives of local community.
Financial support to direct beneficiaries: In all our programs, we strive to ensure that we only use local operators and try to source all provisions from local businesses, so you can be sure that some part of the money paid to us for arranging your holiday goes to the needy people of Nepal. The money you pay for touring and trekking through Eco Trip Nepal directly benefits the local people through SWAN as we provide them certain percentage of our profits from each and every trip on regular basis. Our guests experience true satisfaction together with enjoyment from Nepal holiday.
Local development through tourism: Eco Trip Nepal along with SWAN has been working together in discovering new routes, making plans into action and constantly working on how it can positively impact on local community development through tourism. In this way we have developed the Eco-tourism Project which focuses to flourish local tourism preservation of nature and cultural heritages.
Community Tourism: We help experience the best of Nepal through the eyes of the local Nepalese community. We enhance community based tourism to help our guests discover local habitats and wildlife; celebrate and respect traditional cultures, rituals and wisdom. In this way community will be aware of the commercial and social value placed on their natural and cultural heritage through tourism, and this will promote community based management of these resources.
For more details, visit SWAN Nepal's website www.swannepal.org